Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Bambi



A feisty one, Bambi barked and bit any unfamiliar face that tried to get close to her.

Surprisingly, she let her guards down around me soon after the first time I met her. Soon, we were spending nights together and going to dog farms with her brother, Balls.

Even though she didn't belong to me, Bambi held onto me when she was frightened, came to me when I called her and slept with me each time I stayed over.

I was unknowingly falling in love with this girl. Although she peed in the bedroom and was as greedy as a pig, I could never resist those huge eyes of hers.

I am ashamed to say that losing her hurt so much more than losing my own dog.

It happened when I was out of Singapore. I was getting my nails done in Bangkok, having a few laughs with my girlfriend, when suddenly KLZ told me that Bambi had stopped breathing. In a few moments, I became an emotional wreck. I could not believe it.

Her body was stone cold the last time I saw her.

It has been 3 months since this sweetheart left. The wound in my heart still feels so raw, I find myself crying at her demise still. Pictures of her make her seem so alive, it seems so difficult to accept that no more pictures of her will ever be taken again.

I would give anything to hear her bark again. To watch her pee on me in excitement as I carry her.

And that will happen, one day.

When I get reunited with Deedee and Bambi.

Have fun on the rainbow bridge, the both of you, and forget me never.

No comments:

Post a Comment